Mainstream media + medicine are finallyyyyyy spreading the word about what us peeps in alternative wellness have known for years.
SUN IS GOOD FOR YOU!
and necessary for your health + well-being.
So, with all this good news in mind, I'm so excited to bring you a body serum that helps protect + boost the benefits while you're getting some sun, and prevents UV damage, as well.
100% Fresh-pressed, Antioxidant, Botanical Oils from Cherry Kernel, Rose Hips, Cocoa + Shea Butters, Virgin Coconut Oil, Carrot Seed Oil, Sea Buckthorn, Calendula, Blueberry + Raspberry, Turmeric, Rosewood, and Nature's #1 Antioxidant, Astaxanthin. Apply before + after sun exposure to help your skin adjust to the sun's rays and nourish it's innate healing + protective response.
FUN SUN FACTS
We evolved as a species for millions of years under radiant + nourishing rays of the sun. Blocking it out has created some unanticipated issues. One of them is a serious deficiency of Vitamin D.
You need to get that D!
We now know that Vitamin D acts more like a hormone than a vitamin. And hormones have an enormous impact on how your body functions. The benefits of vitamin D can be obtained by increasing exposure to sunlight and including vitamin D rich foods into your diet like fish, cod liver oil, milk, and eggs. Fresh fruits and vegetables are also good sources of vitamin D.
Although you can get Vitamin D through food + supplements, the most effective is when it is synthesized naturally by the body through sun exposure.
Responsible time in the sun:
* boosts vitality + energy levels
* keeps your immune system working efficiently
* supports bone density, preventing osteoporosis, arthritis + tooth strength
* helps your intestines absorb nutrients
* supports the strength of your muscles
* reduces blood pressure
* lowers cholesterol
* reduces stress + tension
* reduces respiratory infections
* cleanses your blood + blood vessels
* improves cardiovascular strength by providing a protective lining for the blood vessels
* reduces cancer risk
* increases oxygen content in your blood
* relieves aches + pains from muscle spasms
* aids in insulin secretion (to maintain healthy weight)
* improves mood + fights depression
* improves overall skin health by reducing wrinkles
* makes skin soft, strong, and smooth
That's A LOT! And all really important things for your well-being + long term health.
So, now you're probably wondering "what's this talk about reducing wrinkles + smoothing skin?"
This is where responsible sun exposure comes in.
The key is in appropriate exposure for your skin + feeding your skin all the other nutrients it needs to help the sun help you.
* Honor your skin's natural protection. The skin’s outer layer is a thin coating of oils that provides natural anti-bacterial, anti-wrinkle, and sun-screen protection. Moisturizing the skin with essential oil serums and botanical oils, as well as dry brushing, regenerates the skin's top layer, supports the collagen, and feeds the skin’s immunity.
* Sun yourself wisely. Start SLOWLY but surely, and start in the spring so that you may create a protective tan with phased in exposure. Developing a melanin-rich base tan in the spring prevents sunburn in the summer. Far more effective than sunscreen, melanin stays in our skin long after the sun has gone down + doesn't wash off in the pool or ocean.
* Give up synthetic sunscreens. Sunscreens made from synthetic ingredients block the UVB Rays which cause sunburn. Sunburn is the barometer our skin uses to alert us of how we're adapting to the sun's rays, which should be gradual. Most sunscreens only block UVB rays, the rays that cause sunburn, but not UVA rays. Over the long run, people wearing synthetic sunscreens unknowingly overexpose their skin to UV radiation that causes the skin issues we want to avoid (UVA-too much sun) and keeps us from experiencing the healthy benefits (UVB-perfect balance of sun exposure).
* Ensure the health of your sun exposure with UV protective + repairing antioxidant botanical oils.
For unbelievably soft, protected Summer Skin, check out Solar Therapy in the shop, in 2 sizes, here:
... I really love the sun.
I also really dig you :)